Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Birthday Presents

Graham gave me some really awesome presents for my birthday.  He asked what I wanted and I told him that I wanted fabric for my birthday, so I think he had it pretty easy.  My favorite fabric store (Birch Fabrics, better known online as Fabricworm) also happens to be just around the corner from his office in Paso Robles.  He has been working at home, so I wasn't sure that he was going to have the opportunity to get there before my birthday.  He scheduled an oil change at the dealership in Paso the week of my birthday, and he really had me convinced that he was busy with the oil change his whole lunch break.  I was sure that he hadn't had the chance to get me anything for my birthday, but Graham's too nice, he wouldn't do that :)


Of course, Graham went to my favorite fabric store and spoiled me.  Birch is a really awesome fabric store, and Graham is a really awesome husband.  He picked out three fat quarter bundles, as well as a gift certificate for me to spend any way that I wanted.


Last week, I dropped Graham off at the office as he was leaving for business trip, so I was able to go in and spend my gift certificate.  I spent almost an hour looking at all of the beautiful fabric they have.  I find it so hard to decide what I want when I go there because really I just want a few yards of everything so that I can make whatever I want, whenever I want, and not have to worry about using it all up.  I ended up getting two more fat quarter bundles, which Birch/Fabricworm does a wonderful job putting together.  I find the bundles so inspiring, I'm so excited to get sewing. 


I also picked up some yardage of a few other fabrics that I didn't want to leave behind.  I don't have plans for any of my fabric yet, but I'd love to get creative with some of my bundles and branch out with some sort of patchwork projects.  Probably not a quilt yet, but I'll work up to that.


It was a great birthday, although I still don't feel like I'm a quarter of a century old yet.  I'll post soon about our fun little birthday trip that we took the weekend after my actual birthday.

1 comment:

  1. You do a good job! I love the bag you made me for my birthday, by the way! It will probably become yet ANOTHER yarn bag, and I don't have a problem with that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete