That bread pudding was absolutely delicious. I had never tried bread pudding before I met Graham, I thought it sounded gross. It is mushy bread, but it is oh so tasty and now I am hooked. I used this recipe I found on allrecipes.com.
- 1 (10.75 ounce) loaf day-old bread, torn into small pieces
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine bread, milk, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and butterscotch chips; mixture should be the consistency of oatmeal. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 1 hour, until nearly set. (It should have a "thigh wiggle" or wiggle as much as a well endowed thigh.) Serve warm or cold.
I had to change the recipe a little when we made it because we didn't have enough brown sugar, so I ended up using about 3/4 cup brown sugar and about 1/2 cup Sugar in the Raw. We also soaked our bread (we used french bread, that we staled in the oven for a bit) in the milk for about a half of an hour before we baked it all. Graham was really disgusted by the mention in the recipe about wiggling like a well endowed thigh, but I did poke it and it definitely wiggled!