Thursday, February 17, 2011

That little camera on your phone

If you have a modern mobile phone you most likely have a camera on it. They don't represent the best in camera technology but what they do have is locality; we don't often carry a full blown camera but we always have our phones. Quality however is often lacking. But there's hope!

I own a first generation Motorola Droid with a 5 megapixel camera. With the factory software I often found my photos hard to take and even harder to clean up or make fun. That was until I found Vignette.

Vignette costs about $4, but I think it is worth it. It has all sorts of filters you can apply to any photo, not just ones that you take with the phone's camera. Things like tobacco filter, soft focus, etc, that you often find in desktop photo editors are now in your hand.


An early evening in Morro Bay


The beautiful gardens in Fort Bragg


Restored Southern Pacific train cab

No comments:

Post a Comment