Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Reversible Tote Bag

I received a new sewing machine for Christmas from Graham and it is awesome!  I also received the book, Stitch by Stitch by Deborah Moebes.  The book is a sort of guide to teach you to sew and/or get back into sewing, like me.  The first project I made from the book was a set of four napkins with mitered corners.  I know it sounds weird to say that you sewed napkins, because aren't they just a square of fabric anyway, but they look really nice and professional.  I skipped a little ahead in the book for the second project which is my reversible tote bag.  I'm really proud of it and I think it turned out great!


I used two prints from the line, Red Letter Day by Lizzy House.  I always thought the prints were adorable (I have a soft spot for ducks) and it was on sale for half off at my local quilt shop, the Cotton Ball in Morro Bay.  So I bought some of each without any idea what I was going to make (I also have a soft spot for cute fabric that I have no "use" for).  So needless to say, it came home with me and then I flipped though my book, and ta-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment